>topics & features
>where is it?
>how to get there
>where to stay
>what to bring
>contacts & links
>pre- & post tours
At the conference...
topics and features
About the scope:
Likely to be regarded as central topics: energetics, stability, predictive principles and models, dynamic modeling, empirical data with a conceptual tie in, robot successes and failures.
Less emphasis on: vision, navigation, motion planning, kinematic data, kinematic control, measurements that do not address a basic concept or principle.
Some meeting features:
* Follows up on Art Kuo's Dynamic Walking meeting in Michigan in May 2006 which built on Martijn Wisse's smaller meeting at CMU in May 2005 which built on earlier still-smaller informal gatherings in Ithaca.
* Single track.
* Poster session with free beer.
* Conference limited to 60 participants.
* Online publication of talk slides (no conference proceedings).
* Informal setting with joint-meals, common living facility,and organization
and activities that maximize conversations and interactions. (Somewhat imitative
of the Gordon Conference format in the US.)
* Brainstorming and idea sharing, interesting discussions not clipped for time.
* Venue for presentations: 80 seat auditorium at the Polytechnical
College of Åland (Högskolan på Åland)
* All participants give talks or have a poster.
* Talks Monday June 25 - Friday afternoon June 29. Informal discussions Sunday June 24 and Saturday June 30 if people are interested.
Session topics (to be renamed, regrouped and possibly reduced once the talks are fixed).
A. Human, animal and muscle energetics: How much energy do humans, muscles and animals use doing what?
B. Robot energetics: How much energy do robots use? What can be done to reduce this?
C. Optimization principles:Candidate objective functions for designing robots? Predictions of animal or human behavior using optimization.
D. Why do robots fall down and what can we do about that? Practical experience of problems and solutions.
E. Principles and theories of balance and control.
|| www.dynamicwalking.ax |